Thinking of presenting your show at the 2014 Edinburgh Fringe Festival?
Let BizArts/Donna DuCarme be your local production coordinator!
Have you always dreamed of presenting your work at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, but the expense and work have kept you at home? You’re not alone.
Many artists and performance companies find that creating a show for hometown audiences already strains your limited resources. The added work , stress, and expense of bringing a show to Edinburgh, a city you may only know from holiday visits (if at all), with all the risks involved regarding ticket sales and audience reception… is simply too much to consider. So you stay home, and the world does without your talents.
By acting as your local production coordinator, BizArts/Donna DuCarme will take a large amount of the work and worry off your shoulders… allowing you to spend your energies where they will earn you the most: putting a fantastic show together, ready to present to an international audience. And with BizArts watching out for your show’s best interests, you are less likely to make expensive mistakes, or spend your money unnecessarily. And more likely to have a successful memorable experience at the festival.
BizArts’ owner Donna DuCarme has been working in the performing and visual arts sectors for over 30 years. With experience in nearly every area of theatre – from onstage to backstage, as a director and producer – she knows the craft from top to bottom, and inside out. This gives her the ability to custom tailor BizArt’s services to your show’s unique needs.
The wheels start rolling for the 2014 Edinburgh Fringe festival as soon as November 2013, with the first ‘meet the venues’ events. Ten months before you arrive in town! But because BizArts is based in the Edinburgh area, we’re able to be here for you, to get the ball rolling.
Every pound spent on hiring BizArts will save you time, money and energy better spent on your show. And you can use BizArts services as little or as much as you like; all our service packages and fees are negotiable to fit within your budget. For selected clients, we can take it – and you – even further: helping your show move from Edinburgh on to further bookings.*
- Alert you to festival registration and fee deadlines. Supply follow up reminders as necessary.
- Act as local representative with festival organizers.
- Represent you at pre-festival meetings, if necessary.
- Arrange performance venue(s).
- Negotiate with venue re fees, performance times, and technical requirements.
- Arrange accommodation.
- Inform you about your in-town transport options, if required.
- Alert you to festival related promotional options and deadlines.
- Handle all registration and fee payments to festival and venues.
- Arrange travel from place of origin to Edinburgh (dependent on visa requirements).
- On-site support during performances: venue flyering, front of house support, mailing list promotion.
- Limited support for your networking efforts.
And for select clients, BizArts can:
- Assist with local and online fundraising efforts.
- Oversee the creation and distribution of promotional flyers/posters (you supply artwork)
- Handle all festival related promotions, i.e. program placement etc.
- Promote show to local and international press. Act as local contact for scheduling of interviews and show attendance.
- Promote show to local and international theatres and booking agents. Act as local contact for scheduling Fringe show attendance.
Additionally, BizArts is available to act assist with bookings and promotions for selected clients, for follow-up dates obtained through your festival performances. (By invitation only.)
Thinking about bringing your show to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival? Contact Donna at firstname.lastname@example.org to talk about how, together, we can make your 2014 production the best experience of the Festival ever!